Saturday 20 April 2013

Worlds In Collision

The next morning was a Saturday, most Saturdays Shelagh and I would trawl round the local rummage sales in the schools and town halls. Shelagh had such an eye for bargains that it was quite unbelievable what she could pick up. Not only our wardrobes, but also our wiccan altar was laden with little gems we had acquired.

There was little mention of the previous nights experience, perhaps a brief mention and analysis over breakfast, but to be honest with you, so many more minor things had happened over the last few years that in the scheme of things, a prehistoric reptile using a pelican crossing didn't seem such a big deal. I know how that sounds, but it is just so true.

The day seemed to progress with no real incidents other than Shelagh turning into a vengeful tornado in the town hall. We had brought our usual six carrier bags full of gear, which included a copy of The Green Stone, a book by Graham Philips and Martin Keatman which detailed the psychic questing experiences in the search for the Meonia Stone that began in October 1979. We were tired so asked a young stall holder if she would look after our bags of goodies, which she kindly did, placing them for safety under her table. Free of our burden, we recommenced our assault on the assorted jumble until we had satisfied our bargain-lust.

We returned to the table where we had left our bags, now armed with a further three - but we stopped dead when we saw an older lady sitting there, the young girl nowhere in sight. Shelagh explained that we had left six bags in the safe-keeping of a young girl, and went on to describe some of what was in the bags. The woman visibly paled slightly, she apologised that the girl, (her daughter,) had gone off with her friends, leaving her mother in charge. Nothing had been mentioned and this lady assumed the six bags were extra sale items that had been donated.

Shelagh's eyes raced over the table and immediately began identifying items she had previously purchased throughout the hall. Her hands went into action, snatching up this, snatching up that, seizing items from bewildered customers who had been contemplating a purchase, but now stood studying thin air. The woman took four full bags from under the table which Shelagh seized the moment she had dumped her recovered items into my own arms. My God! I have never seen such fast work as she accomplished over the next three minutes!

The remainder of the day was uneventful, (and what wouldn't be after that?)

I have thought back time and time again to recall anything at all that might have happened during the day that might be an indication of what I was to face that night, but nothing comes to mind.

I was in bed by about 11pm and was reading one thing or another before deciding to sleep. I put the light out and I must have slept because the next thing I am aware of is waken, startled and feeling my body paralysed and juddering in a most violent way. Then like a cork being popped from a bottle. I felt myself thrown across the room. I felt I had been ejected forcibly from the bed but was luckily enough to land on my feet.

I looked around, intrigued because I could see the bedroom all bathed in a faint electric blue glow. I looked towards the bed and was slightly startled to see myself lying there asleep. For a moment I was puzzled. Then I looked down and saw I was not the me that was asleep in the bed. I had a grey alien body, stick thin legs and arms. This period of time was about three years before the first transformation I have recorded at the beginning of this blog. No one had yet seen this part of me. This was the first glimpse I had of me, but you know what? For some reason I wasn't in the least bit surprised or shocked. There was a kind of 'oh right', sensation to it.

It was then that I noticed a small black speck on the bedroom wall. Something I hadn't noticed before but was the blackest and most defined pin prick I could ever imagine. Something about this intrigued me and I felt, not mesmerised, but attracted to it. As I looked on I then became aware that this speck was slowly growing bigger, opening like an iris. As I watched, this thing expanded until it was some six feet in diameter, it was a swirling black void, the edges of it rotated vert slowly and were swirled, a little like the arms of a galaxy. Within that black void \I could see dim and distant pinpoints of stars. I was looking through a wormhole effect into a distant part of the universe. I had the sensation that I was looking into some unimaginable distance.

I could not move my eyes of this image. I wanted to step through. It pulled and tugged at my senses and promised me a way 'home'. It was such a temptation to step through. But I knew if I did the body in the bed would die, not only that, I didn't feel that the portal really offered home, it was tempting my 'alien' senses with a false promise behind which lay some kind of trap. Stepping through mould not only be the death of the figure in the bed, but an entrapment for me.

It felt like hours and hours of watching, but eventually the 'iris' began to shrink, and as it lazily closed I felt the pull on me begin to diminish. Until the pinpoint had returned to the highly defined speck. Then winked out of existence. With this I was hit by a sense of tiredness and just wanted to fall down under a tsunami of fatigue. I do not recall my return to bed, for the next thing I recall is my eyes opening to daylight. I did remember everything I had experienced from the previous night, and over breakfast related it to Shelagh.We could not link them all together at this point, but there had to be a common centre for much of what was happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment